The Company is licensed and managed in the Cayman Islands to reinsure risks from the issuing insurance company, Travelers, that is licensed and provides coverage in the United States. The types of coverage underwritten by Traffic are Workers’ Compensation, Automobile Liability, and Auto Physical Damage.
Each shareholder is entitled to appoint a director to the Traffic Board of Directors. Every shareholder, regardless of premium size, has one vote. A simple majority governs. Traffic shareholder responsibilities include controlling losses, participating in board meetings, and educating other high quality companies about the captive concept. Management strength lies in a strong committee structure and the individual involvement of all directors during frequent meetings held both in the Cayman Islands and other locations outside the United States. Presently, the committees and their primary responsibilities are:
- Executive - Comprised of officers, committee chairpersons, or designated members at large. Focus is to develop long-range plans for the Company based on strategic analysis.
- Finance - Reviews the Company’s interim and audited financial statements and monitors each member’s compliance with its financial obligations to the Company. Also advises the Board on policies for the investment of the Company’s assets.
- Underwriting - Advises the Board on desirable risks to be assumed and ensures that these risks are adequately underwritten.
- Risk Control - Sets loss control goals for the members. Reviews loss control reports and works with members to meet the required loss control and claims management goals of Traffic
- Membership Development - Assists members in educating prospective new members about Traffic and the benefits of ownership.